When it comes to commercial roofing membranes, you have a wide range of options in terms of material. One of these options is PVC or polyvinyl chloride, a single ply roofing solution that’s commonly used flat or low-sloped, making them perfect for commercial buildings. According to commercial and metal roofing experts, it’s also one of the most popular commercial roofing materials on the market.
Here are the five reasons why:
- Recyclable – Surprisingly, PVC is one of the most eco-friendly roofing materials out there compared to any other roofing membrane. This is because the manufacturing process for PVC trim can be 100% recycled and PVC membranes that have already reached the end of their lifespan are already being returned and recycled to be made into new membranes.
- Durability – If you’re looking for a membrane that’s built to last, then PVC is your best bet. According to professionals, PVC has the greatest impact on environmental life-cycle assessment calculations as they can last for a few decades if well cared for.
- Reflectivity – On the other hand, if you want a roofing membrane that can help you keep your energy bills down, then PVC is the best choice for you. As PVC roofing is thermoplastic, it comes in a wide range of light color options for cool roofing purposes. By choosing colors such as tan, pure white, or light gray, PVC membranes can soften the excess heat that hits your roof, helping you reduce your reliance on your air conditioning unit. To install a PVC membrane in your roof, simply turn to the commercial and metal roofing pros of Alpine Roofing Construction for assistance.
- Sustainable – In terms of sustainability, meanwhile, PVC membranes are boasted as one of the best. This is because they remain thermoplastic throughout their lifetime, meaning that they’re weldable. This allows you to modify your roof and add new equipment such as solar panels or HVAC units for your building.
- Seam Strength – Are you planning a green roof? If so, be sure to install PVC membranes on your roof as their welded seams are stronger than the sheets themselves, which gives you a good advantage against root penetration.
Planning a replacement project for your commercial roof? Don’t hesitate to turn to Alpine Roofing Construction, your leading service provider when it comes to commercial and metal roofing projects. Give us a call at (214) 528-9897 or fill out our contact form to get a free quote. We serve homeowners in Arlington, Fort Worth, Dallas, and other nearby areas in TX.