Professionals at Alpine Roofing Construction understand how hard it is to decide when to replace your gutters or metal roofing. It is an expensive decision for business owners. Maintaining your buildings will help to promote a professional appearance and reduce liability and costly repairs later.
Thousands of dollars are spent each year on water and moisture damage. Surprise repairs can be bad for your business‘ bottom line. Knowing what to look for and how to determine the cause will help keep costs manageable and within budget. The following indicators will help you make the necessary decisions.
GUTTER REPLACEMENT SIGNS
The gutter system is an important feature of healthy building maintenance. When these systems break down, the resulting damage is often overlooked. There are several signs to watch for to deter costly repairs later. Look for:
- Improper drainage
- Sagging, bent, rusted, hanging and missing components
- Signs of rust stains on the building indicate gutters may be blocked or clogged
- Gutters are loose and pulling apart
- Rotting or damaged roofing material
When gutters and roofs are in poor repair, they leak water close to the foundation. The additional moisture leeches through the ground and into buildings and basements. These signs are often overlooked or misdiagnosed.
- Water draining or leaking into the basement.
- Growth of mold or mildew due to increased moisture.
- Cracking in the foundation seals because of moisture or water damage.
- Water flowing towards the building instead of away.
- Standing water, puddles or channels in the landscape.
Repairing and maintaining gutter systems will greatly reduce water damage to buildings and the surrounding landscape. Having professionals nearby who are passionate and knowledgeable about their work provides security when making these costly decisions.
As an Oklahoma City roofer, professionals at Alpine Roofing Construction have the knowledge and experience that is a must. Maintaining your business is top priority. Preventative maintenance prevents long term problems. Passionate, knowledgeable, experienced professionals are available to help and inform. Whether you need information, estimates or just have a question, call 214-528-9897.